To provide efficient and effective best-practice services to the children of prisoners and their families/whanau both in New Zealand by:
- providing nationwide telephone and online counselling and support;
- direct personal services in Christchurch, Auckland and other centres where they can be adequately resourced and managed;
- the preparation and distribution of relevant written and electronic information to them; and
- creating awareness of their needs and advocating on behalf of them to government, local bodies, schools, prisons, community groups and any other relevant person or organisations; and
- conducting research and information gathering that ensures an up-to-date picture of the issues surrounding them to support the above services.
Also, read the ERJANZ Report to the United Nations here