Edmund Rice Justice Aotearoa New Zealand was established in 2005 to provide support to people and groups interested in social justice. Our supporters and volunteers have a wide variety of backgrounds, careers and experiences and are all brought together by a passion for social justice. Our organisation works through the pillars of social justice: Community, Action, Advocacy and Relationships to highlight and seek social justice.
We provide services such as:
- Education and resources regarding the impact of social issues in Aotearoa New Zealand and internationally.
- Promotion of restorative justice facilitation in schools and communities.
- Seminars and forums open to the community to promote a greater understanding of the social issues that impact our communities and ways to address them.
- Research of social issues and their impacts. Use the research for communitity discussions and education.
- Information, news and resources on current justice issues.
- Support for new and developing social justice initiatives and projects.
- Commitment to the teachings of Edmund Rice, gospel values and Catholic social teachings.
We are an active and expanding organisation seeking to promote social justice. Feel free to contact us.